Rikaunch20, Nov, 2012, by Seema
It is a typical dish from Northern part of India. It is a speciality from our kitchen.
Estimated cooking time : 40 mins and 8 hours of overnight preparation.
IngredientsBlack gram - 250gm, soaked overnight
Onion (large) - 2 finely chopped
Garlic (paste) - 2 tbspn
Ginger (paste) - 1 tbspn
Tomatoes - 5, finely chopped
Turmeric - 1 tspn
Asafetida - 3 pinches
Salt - 1 tspn or as per taste
PreparationGrind soaked black gram in a grinder and form a thick coarse paste. Make a flattened ball and boil it in water for 20 mins until it becomes hard. Remove this from water and cut it into small square shaped chunks. Keep the used water aside.
- Fry onion until it turns pink. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and fry it.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric, salt, corriander powder, red chilli powder.
- Add square chunks of black gram and fry it with masala for 5 mins .
- Add the boiled water (kept aside). Cook for 10 mins.
- Serve it in a dish and garnish with corriander leaves .
Storage Tips - Must be consumed within 1 day of preparation.